The ACT for TB/HIV collaborating centre aims to do transformative and translational research that will advance understanding and have impact on patient, programme and population outcomes.
The collaboration aims to add the following value to the MRC:
- Conduct innovative research that integrates basic, clinical and social science research that will advance the field and provide evidence for policy and practice. The collaboration has identified research priorities that are aligned to national and international priorities
The ACT for TB/HIV collaboration will also:
- Build capacity for TB/HIV research that can be used by the MRC TB/HIV research network
- Provide a platform to establish an organised framework for current and future collaboration.
- Use the MRC seed funding to leverage additional large international grants.
- Organize high-level scientific workshops with the aim to continuously refining our overall approach and ensuring that we respond to local and global needs.
- Acknowledge the MRC in related publications